One UN Pavilion, Room A
“Cities in Crisis/Crisis in Cities” will feature two panel discussion on how implementation of the New Urban Agenda can advance the work of the Global Alliance for Urban Crises, with a focus on the humanitarian-development and recovery nexus, in an effort to adapt humanitarian action to an urban world and leave no city behind.
The first panel will explore how the New Urban Agenda can help cities better prevent, prepare for and respond to urban crises, taking into account priorities set forth by the Global Alliance for Urban Crises. Panellists include:
Moderator: Lucy Earle, Urban Advisor, International Rescue Committee (IRC)/DFID/Alliance Interim Secretariat
- Steven Corliss – Director, Divisions of Programme Support and Management, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Filberto Ceriani Sebregondi - Head of Development Cooperation Coordination Division, European External Action Service (EEAS)
- Shipra Narang Suri – Vice-President, International Society of City and Regional Planners (ISOCARP)
- Mohamad Saadie - Head of Donnieh Union of Municipalities and Representative of United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG) in Lebanon
The second panel will feature an interactive discussion on implementation mechanisms for the New Urban Agenda, how to ensure people in crises are covered, and the potential of the Alliance to contribute to this aim. Panellists include:
- Moderator: Shipra Narang Suri – Vice-President, International Society of City and Regional Planners (ISOCARP)
- Aisa Kirabo Kacyira - Deputy Executive Director, United Nations Humans Settlement Programme (UN-Habitat)
- Amir Abdullah -- Deputy Executive Director, World Food Programme (World Food Programme)
- Yves Daccord - Director-General, International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Please find and share the promotional flyer found here.